Climbing Kilimanjaro - The Aardvark Difference
When you’re considering climbing Kili, you need expert knowledge, stringent safety regulations and excellent service. If you compare us with other companies, you might find that we’re not the cheapest; on the other hand, you’ll discover that the quality we provide will make the difference between an average trip and an unforgettable one. Here are a few things to consider if you are seeking quotes from several tour operators:
- Your Kilimanjaro climb with Aardvark includes airport transfers, accommodation in Arusha before and after your climb and park fees, even on lightweight itineraries.
- Every trip has a full crew and camp team. This type of “non-participatory camping” enables you to enjoy the scenery and focus on your ascent without having to lug anything but your kit and climbing equipment.
- You’ll be provided with new, top of the line kit and equipment. All gear is consistently checked and replaced as needed.
- We promise that your guides will be of the highest quality. They receive constant training to their skills and knowledge current and all are trained in CPR. All our climbs are equipped with pulse oximeters, supplementary oxygen and customized evacuation stretchers. Your guides will have comprehensive emergency training and the crew has the same access to emergency aid as the paying climbers. Your safety is always the first priority.
- The head guide, who monitors the group’s progress, is in constant contact with the full operations team at the base.
- Our team employs one crew member as a runner. His only job is to climb ahead to the next camping site to claim the best area for your group. That way, you won’t find yourself spending the night on a slope or rocky ground.
- On VIP specification and luxury climbs, a private and complete bathroom tent is provided as opposed to using the public long drop toilets.
- Three course home-cooked meals with fresh fruit (no freeze-dried mystery MREs) are included and served in a dining tent with proper seating.
The Next Step
We’re confident about our expertise, our ground and climbing crews, and welcome any and all questions you may have. For information about pricing, group climbs or departure dates, or to check the availability for a private climb, please call or email us.