Riding Safaris - What Now?
Once you have had a chance to look through all of the kinds of riding safaris we offer, it is beneficial to speak with you to get the planning process started. We will ask you questions including the ones listed below in order to ensure you will have your ideal vacation itinerary.
- Are you traveling alone or as part of a group?
- Are there any non-riders in your group?
- Have you been to Africa before?
- Do you ride on a regular basis at home?
- Do you ride competitively; event/race/hunt?
- Do you want to ride everyday or just for a few days as part of your trip?
- Do you want to add a few days at the beach to your safari vacation?
- What time of year are you thinking of travelling?
- Is there anything specific that you want to see (wildlife/birds/places)?
- What sort of accommodation do you want to stay in (hotel/lodge/tented camp)?
- Do you have a budget in mind?
Southern Africa: on the whole, flights to and from Southern Africa depart in the evening, arriving at your destination early the following morning. Johannesburg is the main hub airport with most onward flights connecting here.
East Africa: Both day and overnight flights are available to and from East Africa (Kenya and Tanzania).
Many of our riding safaris will require internal flight transfers. Depending on the itinerary, these will either be private charters or scheduled light aircraft flights. We will always try to minimize waiting time between an international arrival and an onward flight. These flights are often a favorite for children – flying low over the bush is a very exciting way to see the countryside.
All transfer arrangements will be made prior to your trip so you don’t have to worry about getting from place to place. All of our clients are met on arrival at their destination. You will be transferred by a private vehicle to domestic airports for onward internal flights, or driven to your lodge or camp.
Special dietary requests can be catered to with a little advance notice. Food, wherever you are, is likely to be superb. Camp staff have a wonderful way of being able to produce the most delicious meals from even the simplest bush kitchen.
Health and visa requirements
Once you have confirmed your trip we will send you “Pre-Departure Information” which lists any health and visa requirements that may be necessary for the country (or countries) you will be visiting. This information will also include a suggested riding packing list, background on the country you are visiting, reading lists, etc.
Booking a riding safari
Once we have agreed upon an itinerary, we ask for a 25% confirmation payment in order to reserve your trip. Final payment is due 10 weeks before departure.