10 Day Namibia Under Canvas Safari
Amazing 10 day Namibia Under Canvas Safari
• Travel with one of Namibia’s most reputable and well known naturalist guides
• Visit world renowned AfriCat Foundation and learn more about conservation initiatives involving Africa’s large cats
• Sleep under canvas in the tree tops overlooking one of the most productive waterholes on the Onguma Private Game Reserve
• Memorable guided game drives within the renowned Etosha National Park
• Exploring the Damaraland region
• Track desert adapted elephant in ephemeral river systems
• Track the endangered black rhino in conjunction with Save the Rhino Trust
• Visit and explore Namibia’s central coastal region with canyons, dunes and lagoons
• Explore the private Namib Tsaris Conservancy on exploratory nature drives and guided walks
• Climb some of the world’s highest free standing sand dunes at Sossusvlei
• Spectacular star gazing of the Milky Way on the Namib Tsaris Conservancy
Starting with only eight departures a year, this safari runs with a minimum of two and a maximum of seven participants, making use of largely Under Canvas style accommodation, namely Onguma Tree Tops, Huab Under Canvas and Sossus Under Canvas, with a single night on the outskirts of Swakopmund at Desert Breeze Lodge.
This safari is designed to offer a true ‘back to nature’ experience with the emphasis being on the experiential aspect of safaris. Increase desire in many guests to go back to the roots of safari, to touch, to smell, to feel and to experience the wild, with one’s feet firmly in the dust that covers Africa. This is an experience that is exclusive in the real sense of the word, as well as being very much away from the pressures of ‘normal’ life.
Since most of the camps on this safari are semi-permanent and seasonal, there is a degree of compromise required concerning some of the frills and other ‘add-ons’ that you might expect in a permanent tented camp or lodge, but there is still a strong focus on ensuring guests’ comfort. Those prepared to forego some conventional ‘necessities’, so that they are unencumbered by buildings and all the paraphernalia that goes with them, will be able to go to sleep hearing only the noisy silence of the desert and to wake up to a chorus that announces the start of a new day. It is the kind of intimacy that can only be achieved by taking guests to the most wild, remote and private places, and giving them access to exclusive areas away from the beaten path.
This is redefining luxury – focusing on what the crux of a Namibian safari should be – encompasses privacy, exclusivity, experiential focus and total flexibility, all whilst being perfectly comfortable. We are able to provide all of this at a relatively moderate cost as we attempt to move away from the opulence and consequent high pricing that is today generally associated with a luxury African safari. Our guests are taken care of by some extraordinary people whose only desire is to ensure that each moment spent with us is as perfect as possible. Guests are pampered in camp, have their days filled with thrilling encounters, and enjoy nights entranced with exclusivity beyond most people’s wildest dreams. They are looked after by a tribe of magicians who aim to leave lasting impressions, and every stay (guaranteed at Huab Under Canvas and Sossus Under Canvas, and endeavoured at Onguma Tree Tops) is arranged on an exclusive basis regardless of the number of guests in order to provide the true ‘Namibia Under Canvas’ experience.
Whilst appealing to the more adventurous traveller and those seeking a more in-depth Namibia experience which is closer to nature, this safari has been arranged so it offers the same great value as the Ultimate Namibia Safari.
Available through Aardvark Safaris from £2,917 per person, based on two adults sharing. To book, visit www.aardvarksafaris.com / 01980 849160
Departures in April, May, June, July, September, October and November