The Cape Grace have advised that they will be closed for a refurbishment from the 29th of May until the 30th of November 2023.
The Cape Grace is an elegant and luxurious five star hotel in Cape Town situated on a private quay between Cape Town’s bustling V&A Waterfront and the tranquil yacht marina. With Table Mountain as the backdrop, Cape Grace offers gracious and well-appointed accommodation with unrivalled views of the waterfront and city.
Accommodation & Facilities
Cape Grace has 120 large rooms including two spacious penthouses. Each of the rooms varies in size and appointment, some with balconies, but each is en-suite and has modern amenities including a television, phone and wireless internet access. Families can be accommodated in one, two and three bedrooms suites. One bedroom suites can accommodate two adults and two children under six, or one under 11, on a sofa bed. The spacious two bedroom suite includes a fully equipped kitchen, separate lounge and dining area and a sizeable balcony. It can accommodate four adults and one child under 11 on a single bed. The generously sized three bedroom suite has a separate kitchen, living area and dining facilities as well as a substantial balcony. It can accommodate six adults and two children under 11 years old.
The hotel’s Signal restaurant and world-class whisky bar, Bascule, offer guests excellent cuisine. The fully equipped spa, including a sauna and steam room, provides opportunities to be pampered whilst complimentary access to the gym is available for the more active. Finally there is a 10 x 6 metre outdoor heated saltwater pool with an adjacent smaller pool (and a collection of children’s toys) 0.5 metre deep for small kids. Children are very welcome but must be accompanied by an adult.
Eating & Sleeping
A children’s menu is available including macaroni and cheese, beefburgers and toasted sandwiches to name a few favourites. Professional child care is available and provided by a local company called Kids at Heart. Please allow four hours’ notice to arrange. This service can be booked by the concierge or arranged prior to arrival.
Cape Grace is well placed for visiting Cape Town itself as well as the whole of the Cape Peninsula. The Wine Route, Garden Route, Constantia Valley, Cape Point and Cape of Good Hope, Table Mountain and Kirstenbosch National Botanic Gardens and the wilder Western Cape Coast are all within easy reach of the hotel.
Specifically for children …
Staff here make it their business to ensure that children feel like VIKs (Very Important Kids). From the exciting activity packs gifted to them on arrival, to gingerbread decorating, Africa-themed story time and a selection of games, consoles and books, they are made to feel especially welcome. The following activities are on offer:
• Story time in the library.
• Gingerbread-man painting.
• Colouring-in and activity books.
• PlayStation 4.
• Heated pool.
• Special kids turndown with African bedtime stories and gingerbread painting.
• Cartoon Network, Disney Channel and Nick Junior and Children’s DVDs.
• Books and games.
The following activities are within easy reach:
• Boulders Beach penguin colony (all ages).
• Cave Golf in the V & A Waterfront (ages four years and up).
• Cheetah outreach in the Winelands, Somerset West (all ages).
• Bonheur Crocodile Farm in Stellenbosch (all ages).
• Ostrich farm at Cape Point (all ages).
• Two Oceans Aquarium in the V & A Waterfront (all ages).
• Jolly Roger pirate boat (Cruises in the Harbour) (all ages).
• Planetarium in the Company Gardens.
• Go-carting at Century City or Kenilworth.
• Ice skating at Grand West Casino.
• Seal Island in Hout Bay (all ages).
• World of Birds in Hout Bay (all ages).
• Imhoff Farm (pony, horse and camel rides and various other activities).
• Surfing in Muizenberg.