Singita Boulders Lodge
Singita is synonymous with exceptional levels of service, guiding and hosting. Singita Private Game Reserve covers 18,000 hectares of private land and is situated in the Sabi Sands Game Reserve, on the western border of South Africa’s famous Kruger National Park. With no fencing between the two areas wildlife is free to move between the reserves. Children from 10 years are welcome at the lodge.
Accommodation & Facilities
Singita Boulders Lodge is a contemporary property constructed out of native wood and stone. Incorporating the massive boulders of its surroundings into the design, it manages to blend seamlessly with the landscape. The 12 luxury suites have private decks and plunge pools and overlook the Sand River to the plains beyond. Each room has air-conditioning, a sitting area, fireplace, bathroom with indoor and outdoor shower, dressing room, bar and telephone. Other facilities at the lodge include a swimming pool, bar, library with internet access, indoor and outdoor dining areas, wine cellar, spa, gym and shop.
There are two family suites available which include an en-suite master bedroom and an en-suite twin bedroom as well as a dining and lounge area with stone fireplace. Outside is a viewing deck and private heated plunge pool which has steps leading into it.
Eating & Sleeping
Every aspect of a Singita family safari is individualised, from the most suitable accommodation to meal times and what’s on the menu. Eating well is central to a memorable safari, especially when taking children into consideration. Thoughtfully put-together snack boxes accompany children on every game drive, providing both diversion and sustenance. In the evening, while parents enjoy an elegant multi-course menu paired to wines from Singita’s extensive cellar, children may request their own mini tasting menu where the emphasis is on fun plating and their favourite flavours. The chefs are well versed at adapting menus to suit children or meeting special requests for homemade burgers or rolling out dough to bake their own pizzas.
Babysitting services are available.
Wildlife & Activities
Day and night game drives and guided nature walks provide guests with the opportunity to enjoy some of the best wildlife viewing in South Africa. Other activities on offer here include archery, and this is also a perfect place for those wishing to simply relax and enjoy the beautiful African wilderness.
Specifically for children ….
Itineraries are planned around each family for the duration of their stay, taking into consideration the age of the children and any special interests or requests.
• Baking with chefs (pizza/cookie making).
• Arts and crafts.
• Board games.
• Astronomy and stargazing.
• Bush walks around camp.
• Visits to the local community schools when class is in session (additional cost).
• Mini Rangers’ Course. The Singita Mini Rangers’ course opens up a whole new world to young explorers. This programme includes tracking animals, a cosmic safari (astronomy), learning bush survival techniques, flower-pressing (in summer), frogging, butterfly capture and release, wildlife and bird spotting competitions, nature quizzes, and a ranger’s test. A certificate is awarded on completion of the course to recognise new-found knowledge and accomplishments.
• In the interest of safety, participation of children in any game activities is at the discretion of their guide.