Family safaris in Kenya
Why we love Kenya for family safaris
Kenya epitomises everything that is Africa. It hosted the first real wildlife holidays and its diversity of landscape, people and wildlife has drawn more people to safari than any other country in Africa.
Kenya’s family safari highlights:
- Endless opportunities to combine a family safari and beach holiday within the same country
- Great weather and wildlife during summer and Christmas school holidays, as well as June, October and February half terms
- Equally easy to combine safari in Kenya with beach on Zanzibar
- Fascinating culture with many Samburu and Masai working as safari guides
- Superb wildlife in world famous national parks and reserves
- Safari camps and lodges full of character, often run by owners who’ve raised children in the bush so really do know what it takes to make the perfect family safari
- Try riding, mountain biking, walking and fishing alongside wildlife in the national parks or reserves, as well as getting even closer to big animals on day and night drives
- Africa’s iconic wildlife including lion, leopard, elephant, rhino, zebra, giraffe, hippo and more
- The famous wildebeest migration and the drama it brings in the Masai Mara in August
Family safaris Kenya: when is best?
Kenya is great for a family safari in:
- Christmas and New Year holiday
- February half term
- June half term
- Summer holidays
- October half term
With direct international flights and easy travel by light aircraft internally, a Kenyan safari really is feasible for a one week holiday during half term.