Aardvark Safaris is a thriving tour operator specialising in holidays to Africa and the Indian Ocean. The company was started in 1999 and is owner-run by Alice Gully, with the help of a great team. Aardvark Safaris has two offices in the UK, in Tidworth, Hampshire and Musselburgh, outside Edinburgh. We plan exceptional holidays for our clients and many return to us year after year, with much of our business coming via word-of-mouth recommendations.
Why work for Aardvark Safaris
We are proud of our dedicated and knowledgeable team and all of our staff are encouraged to contribute to life here at Aardvark Safaris. We firmly believe that the more fulfilled people are the better their work will be. The atmosphere in the office is creative, varied, fun and challenging as well as business-like and focused. Though we work hard, we have a good time together too, with various team days out and an opportunity to laugh together.
Successful candidates are offered competitive packages and training to learn all the necessary skills whether in the sales or administrative side of the business. The culture in all our offices is characterised by the staff who work there and we’re always keen to employ a diverse range of people to further enhance this.
- Part-Time (22.5 hours per week) Based in our Musselburgh office (just outside Edinburgh)
- Salary: £21,000 – £26,000 pro rata depending on experience
- Hours: 8.30am – 5.00pm
- Holidays: 20 days rising to 25 days pro rata, plus bank holidays
- Contributory pension
- Annual bonus scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Childcare voucher scheme
Position and purpose:
The Marketing Assistant will support the Head of Marketing and the wider team with key marketing and business strategies. You’ll provide digital and traditional marketing support, including content creation and administrative support.
Key result areas and activities performed:
- Be a Brand Ambassador, consistently exhibiting the Brand attitude and values.
- Liaising and networking with a range of stakeholders including colleagues, suppliers, partner organisations and agencies.
- Support the Head of Marketing to implement the annual marketing plan and assist with day-to-day tactical marketing activities such as:
- Copywriting, editing and proofreading.
- Creating content for and monitoring our social media channels.
- Managing the image and video library.
- Creating and editing website content such as camp pages, and blog posts.
- Support collateral development for print and online, events and general administrative tasks.
- Support the Head of Marketing and other colleagues in the wider team.
- A degree in business, management, marketing, or a related field.
Required skills, experience and personal traits:
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and Office 365.
- A positive, “can-do” attitude.
- A great communicator with a natural flair for striking up a conversation.
- A flexible and energetic team player who is always ready to go the extra mile.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, verbal, and written communication.
- Good organisational skills with the ability to multi-task.
- Commitment to continuous improvement, ongoing learning, and personal development.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Highly motivated, confident, and resilient.
- A passion for creativity.
- Writing and editing experience for social media, with the ability to create compelling content.
- An ability to work using your own initiative and manage and prioritise a busy workload.
- Administration or sales and marketing assistant experience.
Useful additional experience:
- Experience in / or an understanding of the Tourism Industry would be desirable but not essential.
- Personal travel experience.
- It would be desirable (but not essential) to have digital marketing experience and knowledge, including experience in using website content management systems, social media monitoring platforms, email marketing software and experience in using design and basic video editing tools such as InDesign, Canva and Biteable.
How to apply:
Please send your CV and cover letter to Katy Duncan at firstname.lastname@example.org