Cottar’s 1920s Safari Camp
Cottar’s 1920’s Safari Camp is situated in a 7,600 acre conservancy on the eastern edge of Kenya’s Masai Mara, bordering the Loita Hills, and with far reaching views into the Serengeti and Loliondo reserves in Tanzania. The camp was first opened in the 1920’s by the Cottar family, and it has passed down the generations to Calvin and Louise Cottar who now own it.
Accommodation & Facilities
Cottar’s Camp accommodates a maximum of 28 guests in nine authentic and spacious pale canvas safari tents, which are all luxuriously furnished with 1920s campaign-style furniture. Three tents have two bedrooms separated by a lounge to accommodate families, and two are specifically designed for honeymooners. Each has an en-suite bathroom and private verandah. The camp has two large mess tents, each with a dining room, lounge and bar, and a spa and a large swimming pool where guests can enjoy a refreshing dip.
Wildlife & Activities
Cottar’s has some of the finest guides in Kenya, and in one of the best wildlife viewing areas in the world a truly memorable safari is guaranteed. As well as night and day wildlife drives in an open 4×4 vehicle, fishing, walking safaris, electric bike bush rides(for an additional fee), visits to the local Masai communities, and swimming in a natural plunge pool are all activities that can be enjoyed at Cottar’s 1920s Safari Camp.