Sales Operations Support
Aardvark Safaris is a thriving tour operator specialising in holidays to Africa and the Indian Ocean. The company was started in 1999 and owner Alice Gully is very much involved running the company, with the help of a great team around her. Aardvark Safaris has two offices in the UK, in Tidworth, Hampshire and Musselburgh, outside Edinburgh. We plan exceptional holidays for our clients and many return to us year on year, with much of our business coming via word-of-mouth recommendations.
Why Work for Aardvark Safaris?
We are proud of our dedicated and knowledgeable team and all of our staff are encouraged to contribute to life here at Aardvark Safaris. We firmly believe that the more fulfilled people are the better their work will be. The atmosphere in the office is creative, varied, fun and challenging as well as business-like and focused. Though we work hard, we have a good time together too, with various team days out an opportunity to laugh together. Successful candidates are offered competitive packages and training to learn all the necessary skills whether in the sales or administrative side of the business. The culture in all our offices is characterised by the staff who work there and we’re always keen to employ a diverse range of people to further enhance this.
Full-Time: based in our Tidworth office, Hampshire
Salary: £21,000 – £28,000 depending on experience
Hours: 9.00am – 5.30pm, Monday – Friday
Holidays: 20 days rising to 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Contributory pension
- Annual bonus scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Childcare voucher scheme
- A trip to Africa after the first year
Position and purpose:
The role works as operational and administrative support to the Aardvark Safaris sales team. You will learn how the sales team operate and deliver high quality itineraries that exceed client expectations. You will ensure the highest standard of client care and satisfaction. This involves detailed record keeping, liaising with African suppliers, airlines and clients, and general office duties.
The Sales Operations Support assists the Sales team in delivering perfect holiday itineraries that hold a wow factor for all our clients and to deliver a perfect and seamless customer experience. Accuracy and attention to detail are the key requirements as is the ability to prioritise and effectively manage a busy workload.
Roles and responsibilities:
You will provide sales support in the end-to-end process of creating, managing and delivering client itineraries, to include:
- Assisting the sales team with initial client enquiries, including suggestion letters, emails, mailing brochures and checking availability of properties on the internet and by email and writing itineraries.
- Checking availability of ground arrangements with African suppliers and flights on web booking systems.
- Liaising with airlines and other suppliers to reserve flights, accommodation and transfers and input all details into the database grid system.
- Cross-checking grids for accuracy of itinerary and costing.
- Maintaining accurate paper and electronic records. Input and maintenance of client details onto a database.
- Prioritising workloads during busy periods to best assist the sales and administrative teams.
- Ensuring the client receives all relevant itinerary information, brochures, booking forms and maps, either by post or email.
- Proof-reading documents prior to posting or emailing.
- Invoicing clients and monitoring all information is received during the payment process.
- Assisting the sales team to manage alterations to clients’ itineraries after booking.
- Processing final checks before travel packs are created.
- Creating travel packs for sending to the clients.
- Checking incoming emails and actioning appropriately as well as answering the telephone and talking to clients as delegated by the sales team.
- General office duties i.e. monitoring stock levels, writing reports/letters, helping with mail drops, updating system information and corresponding documentation (itinerary items, travel information etc).
- You may be required at times to participate in the emergency phone rota in the evenings or at weekends.
- In addition, there may be other reasonable duties to those listed above that you may be asked to perform from time to time.
- No formal qualifications are required.
Required skills, experience and personal traits:
- A positive, “can-do” attitude.
- A passion for delivering exceptional customer service.
- A great communicator with a natural flair for striking up a conversation.
- Commitment to continuous improvement, ongoing learning, and personal development.
- A flexible and energetic team player who is always ready to go the extra mile.
- Customer service experience and focus.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, verbal and written communication.
- Good organisational skills with the ability to multi-task.
- High attention to detail.
- Good numerical skills.
- Ability to manage confidential information in a professional manner.
- Excellent telephone manners.
- Fundamental Microsoft Word and Excel skills.
- Confident in Office 365.
- Interest in African Travel.
Useful additional experience:
- Experience in / or an understanding of the Tourism Industry would be desirable but not essential.
- Personal travel experience.
- Sales experience
- Administration experience
If you would wish to apply for this role please send your CV and cover letter to Richardp@aardvarksafaris.com.